Wednesday, January 20, 2016

New Year, New Books, Authors Interviews #8


A long time ago . . . there was an interview going to happen and Alexis didn't know how to start off the post! 
Get it?
*dies of laughter*

It wasn't that funny . . . but let's move on
The author being interviewed has written two series? 
is that correct? 
I read one of them, book one--Stepping Stones 
and her name is: 

BUM Bum Bummmmmmmmmmmmmm

KACEY VANDERKARR!

Like I say always, thank you Kacey Vanderkarr for agreeing to do this interview!
and I hope all you readers enjoy! 

○○○○○○

Question 1- What is your New Year's resolution? 
Kacey- Resolutions. I have a love/hate relationship with them. I think it's great to set goals for yourself and have something to work toward, but I also feel like making resolutions sets us up for failure. My foals for 2016 are: Find an agent to represent my band story. Begin a ketogenic lifestyle. Publish Torch Rock. Finish the Stone series (Even if they're just drafts)/ And visit Key West again. 

Question 2- Are you working on anything new for January? 
Kacey- I'm always working on something, though none of my current projects can be considered "new." The first draft of the band story is nearly complete and I even have a title: We are Constellations. This is my first New Adult piece and I'm really excited about it.

Question 3- What Inspires you most when you write? 
Kacey- Music. I find certain songs or lyrics always lend themselves to my work. I'm constantly listening to new music and bands. 

Question 4- What was the HARDEST thing about writing your latest book? 
Kacey- My latest book is Torch Rock (Set to publish April 26, 2016). The hardest part is letting it go. when you've spent so much time with characters, they become like friends, and you want to keep their stories going forever and ever, but you can't. That'd get boring. 

Question 5- What's your favorite quote? 
Kacey- It comes from Mary Oliver's poem, The Summer Day. "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" 

Question 6- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 
Kacey- On a beach. Please, please, let it be on a beack. 
Honestly, though. I have no idea. I'd like to have an agent and a book deal, and a nice little house a little ways from town with a year I can write in. Preferably somewhere warm. 

Question 7- Where are you from? 
Kacey- Michigan, unfortunately. I hate it here. 

Question 8- If you could work with ANY author this year, who would you want it to be?
Kacey- Michelle Hodkin. Her writing is beautiful and full of emotion. Maybe spending time with her would make that genius wear off on me. 

Question 9- What are a few books you want to read this year (2016)? 
Kacey- There are a few I'm really excited about. The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye is a big one. I've worked with Evelyn before and she's an AMAZING author. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. I love all the ShadowHunter books and I'm thrilled she plans on writing more. 

Question 10- What's ONE thing you're really looking forward to? 
Kacey- Summer. (I live in Michigan, after all.) 



○○○○○○

Thank you, Kacey!
Also, good luck with your New Adult book!
I hope you all enjoy this interview! <3 

Kacey's links are below.


Visit the launch post, here. 
Or visit the Featured section to find all the interviews! 

HAPPY READING, LUVs 



No comments:

Post a Comment